Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Federal Tax Credit

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by johnh, Feb 8, 2011.

johnh

It seems the federal tax credit for the purchase of a clean diesel vehicle expired at the end of 2010.
    Anyone have any evidence otherwise, like maybe it was in the tax extender bill passed in December, but government has not updated its web sites? Diesels still seem to be a tough sell in the US when the fuel is so pricey and the initial vehicle purchase price is higher.

bcweir

johnh

No date of purchase for me, just researching. No doubt, federal incentive or not, BMW will offer the US more diesels in the future to try to satisfy CAFE.

captharley guest

You missed out on the 4500 ecocredit and I just saw my $1800 IRS tax credit come up on my TurboTax forms. Sometimes when you wait too long for "the deal" to happen, you get stung on the other end.

BMWCCA1

Yeah but a $3500 Eco credit is still good last time I checked. The Republican piling-on on the unemployment-benefit-extension bill also included language allowing for a 100% write-off on vehicles over 6,000-lb GVWR when used for business and not leased. That's actually more than was allowed last year. An X5 meets the requirement.

grahamular