Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

F30 328i xDrive Drivers Side Window Issue

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself)' started by murphius1118, Aug 10, 2017.

murphius1118

I emailed a BMW CCA tech adviser but figured I'd post this on the forum as well. I'm having an issue with my drivers side window. When attempting to raise or lower the window it will only go up or down in short bursts and requires multiple switch presses to completely open or close. This is a random problem and "re-training" the switch only temporarily corrected the issue. I'm thinking a motor and/or regulator issue? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    My car is a 2013 328i xDrive...build date 3/2013.

murphius1118

Update....I spoke with BMW CCA Technical Advisor, Oscar Veldez, who was very helpful. He suggested checking for any debris or contamination that could be triggering the window pinch control safety feature. Anything that could be putting additional stress on the window when raising or lowering would trip the pinch control feature. Per Oscar's advice, I cleaned and lubricated the weatherstriping at the door window sill with a silicone based spray followed by a Windex cleaning of the glass. So far, so good...the window goes up and down without any hesitation. Fingers crossed...
    MGarrison likes this.