Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E92 M3 19" stock wheel width?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by NotAgti, Jul 6, 2010.

NotAgti guest

Hi! i have an E92 M3, it has the stock 19" wheels, and i am trying to find out what the width of these wheels are? I did a search, i apologize if this info is already posted and missed it, i am new to this forum :)

Anyways, according to tire rack, the recommended tire size is 245/35/19 front and 265/35/19 rear. the tires I am interested in (Yokohama Advan AD08) only come in 265/30/19 or 275/35/19. Was wondering if i can fit the 275s on there..

I currently have the pilot sport ps2, i like them, but i find they have a tendency to roll quite a bit on the track (did make marks on the sidewalls at the last track day, the marks were completely gone after 1 session, even with extra 5 psi pressure).

The ideal setup would be to get a set of 18's and fit sticky 275's all around, that is my next step, but i do need to replace the street tires, and have to do this in the next few days...

feedback please!

floydarogers

It should be in the manual, but if you can't find it

Remove a wheel, it's stamped on the inner side.

NotAgti guest

Thank you, will do that.

az3579

It was my understanding that to make it roll over more you put more pressure in, and to reduce rollover you put less...

?

Zeichen311

Nope, you have it backwards. Higher pressure == less tendency to roll onto the sidewalls. FoMoCo, Firestone and many owners of upside-down Ford Exploders can vouch for this. ;)

az3579

lol

Thanks, I always get it mixed up.

Irish1

E92 M3 19 inch Forged Alloy Double Spoke wheels (Style 220M) are 19X8.5 inches front with 245/35X19 tires and 19X9.5 inch rear, with 265/35X19 inch rear tires. Were it me I'd go 19X9.5 front AND rear and run 265 or 275 tires all around for track use. :eek:

SBrasesco

as far as a track set-up..lighter is better!!...unsprung weight is not your friend...LOL
    I have a set of forgeline wheels 18x10 on all corners running 275/35/18's....no rubbing no issues..
    as far as your stock 19's...you could run 275's in the rears...but NOT the fronts as they are not wide enough @ 8.5 inches.
    .http://www.apexraceparts.com/3-Series-BMW-E902-M3_c_33.html..here is a link to some inexpensive and very good track wheels that allow you to run a square set up