Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E90 Driver side Mirror replacement

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by weitefx, Jun 26, 2012.

weitefx

I have a 2006 E90 325I with the driverside electric outside mirror acting up. I have tried all the programming and memory settings to no avail. The stealer wants to charge me $718.00 to replace it. I would like to do it myself. Can anyone send me instruction on how to do it (I do not have a Bentley Manual) I can not imagine it is that difficult. Also would appreciate a suggestion on where to source OEM parts at lower cost? Any tips or help would be appreciated.

MGarrison

weitefx

Thank you for the prompt reply.

MGarrison

Another thought - simply unplug the wiring to the mirror (with the hope that you are not forevermore stuck with some I-drive or some-such alarm light). Not sure how reachable it might be for adjustment from the driver seat,but speaking fer mahself, the only time the mirror stands a chance to get moved is when I wash the car. And if I need to see the curb when parking on the driver's side, I can look out the window or open the door - old school! If you have a multiplicity of drivers, might be a bit of an inconvenience, but no more so than it's been for the whole of automotive history before 'smart' mirrors!