Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E46 Tie rods

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by 184915, Sep 18, 2008.

I plan on changing the tie rods on my 2001 330Ci in the next few weeks. My question is about the brand of tie rod ends to purchase.

I have heard the Hamburg-technic control arms are not good, but how good are their tie rod ends?

Jeron guest

I heard of a couple of brands but not that one. Lemforder and another one that starts with a F (Fetibi sp?) are two I can think of.
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

Febi/bilstein. Another one would be Meyle. Their components have come a long way, but the two shops I have worked for have not had good luck with their tie rods (specifically) in the past, though the VW ones now are very good.

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm gonna go with the Lemforder. Will replacing just the outer tie rod be sufficient or should I do the whole assembly?

bmw3driver guest

Check out the website bavauto.com, I brought control arms from this site and was very satisfied they also gave me tech info on the part before i bought.