Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E46 Indirect TPMS repetitive fault

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by m5jeff, Mar 31, 2018.

m5jeff

I hope someone can shed some light on an issue I'm having with my 2 week old 03 M3 convertible with 56k miles. (no SMG)

This car does not have traditional TPM sensors and figures tire diameter through the ABS wheel speed sensors. Apparently it looks for a change in wheel speeds, indicating a deflating tire. I have no ABS, DSC/TC lights, but the tire pressure light comes on after about 10-15 minutes of driving. All pressures are at 40 PSI, the mid range between lightly and fully loaded pressures on the door jamb. I've had them at min and max pressure too.

Any ideas on what to look for?

Thanks so much for helping!

Jeff
    S52 powered 88 M3 tribute cabrio
    03 M3
    12 K1600GT

Attached Files:

• 001a.jpg
      001a.jpg
      File size:
      39.8 KB
      Views:

charlson89

Have you done the reset procedure in order for the system to measure the tires rotation rates. To do this leave the key in the on position with out starting the engine. Push and hold the tire button until the yellow tire light flashes or off depending on if it was on already or not. Once that happens release the button then press and hold the button again until the tire light comes on in yellow. Then without turning the key off start the car and drive until the tire light goes off. The system has been reset and relearned properly.