Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E46 Battery replacement

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by rich235, Nov 10, 2008.

rich235 guest

Anyone have any suggestions for a replacement Battery?
    2003 E46 325i with 25K miles. Garage kept but started turning over slow the last few starts and I think the battery is going out. Will be checking it with a multimeter tommorrow but I think I will replace it for safety's sake so i don't get stuck. I heard about an Auto Zone DL-49?

Thanks for any advice

Rich

BMWguy206 guest

I highly recommend getting an Interstate MTP-H7

rich235 guest

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll see if I can find one. Where did you buy yours?
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

Any interstate dealer will have them, which is lots of independent auto shops. They used to be hart to come by and we would always have to substitute MTP-93 instead (which I believe is a grounp 49 battery), which does fit just fine, but the H7 is the proper replacement.

Jeron guest

Yes get the DL-49 size. For reference, it is 72.99 at my local Walmart with 2yr free replacement (model 49-1).

Jeron guest

The group 93 are much harder to find and more expensive. If you really want one Batteries Plus sells them. I hate Batteries plus. :(

rich235 guest

Thanks for all the help, time to go shopping.

tmiked guest

I used a fairly standard sized Optima red top.. Filled in the extra space with canned foam inside freezer bags on either side.

jahman guest

Battery low voltage

My E46 M3 battery died after sitting all winter i charge it up and install trickle down charger work fine after that.