Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E39 M5 front spoiler for 2001 525i

Discussion in 'E39 (1997-2003)' started by Autohaus, Apr 28, 2008.

Autohaus guest

Has anyone installed an E39 M5 front air dam onto a non M5 E39? I saw some on ebay that include the mesh grill and fog lights ranging from $300-$400 with shipping. I believe they don't come with any mounting brackets, hardware, etc... I would like to know if it would be a good idea to go through Ebay, or just pay the $450+ shipping from a more reliable sourse, say Bavarian Autosport or another popular tuner/aftermarket supplier(s).

chll69 guest

your better off going through Bavarian Autosport, ebay products such as a new M5 bumper tend to be a hassle to pout on, Bav Auto would be a smart choice, good luck with it!

az3579

Not only that; returning things on eBay can sometimes be the hassle itself. If you purchase from BavAuto, I'm sure the return process would be a lot easier.

Autohaus guest

The company does accept returns if not happy with it. I have compared both from Ebay and Bavauto and they appear to be of the same quality. Besides, once installed, neither of them will return since it will be altered/ painted, etc.... Also, I have checked feedback on these ebay listings and I would say 95% of the time the buyers would say "execellent product, great fitment, etc..." So either way would be a toss up, but to be on the absolute safe side, Bavauto might be the choice....