Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E36 1991 Parts

Discussion in 'E36 (1992-1999)' started by Nitendoraku, Apr 10, 2008.

Nitendoraku guest

Ok, I am now the owner of 1995 325i, a friend of mine has a 1991 E36 that he is going to junk, so for 2000.00 (what he paid for it) he said I can rob anything I want off of it. Ok so the exterior things I see are, body kit front,back and side skirts (his car is same color as mine), M3 oem chrome rims, tail wing, sunroof wind scoop, He says the shocks are upgrades also, I will need to find out which ones he has. My questions is, the engines. Are they compatible? The known high fail rate items on my engine can I get them from the other also what are the high fail items. What do you guys think? Is it worth the 2k?

Kyle328is guest

I don't think it's worth $2000. You'd only be getting select parts that you need from a car that is going to be junked. I say offer him much less because you can get parts off of a junkyard E36 (if you can find one) for much less. Do what you want, but I don't think it's worth $2000.

If you want to be super cheap...wait until he junks it, go to the junk yard, then take the parts you want:p

az3579

I don't think it's worth it either. For $2000, if you know where to look, you can even get a working E36 that isn't "junking" material (of course you have to get reeeeeeeeeeally lucky). If he's going to junk it, I'd say it's probably not worth more than $1000.

And even for $1000, whether or not it's worth it is completely up to you. How much is the body kit worth, for example? Depending on what you get, the value of all of the parts you might get not even add up to be enough for it to be worth it. For $2000, he'd better have a low-mileage engine/gearbox that you could use. Hell, I still think an engine/gearbox from an early E36 would be less than $2000.