Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E 90 Sunroof message on dash

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by BIMMIR, Jul 18, 2009.

BIMMIR guest

So my wife asks what does this picture on the dashboard mean?

I look it up in the book and it is the sunroof mechanism. I start playing with it and it will partially work, a little at a time. I was able to get the sunroof closed and left it that way. Later when I get home from work I'm going to look into it closer and try to lubricate the tracks, etc. I'm wondering if there is just a leaf or stick that blew up in there.
    The code shows either 160 or 260, I can't remember which.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

I'm all set on the sunroof. Once I got home last night I looked it over in good shape to make sure there was nothing stopping the movement of the sunroof, like a stick inside the track or something.

I remembered that there was some sort of shortcut I had learned a couple of years ago from a technician when this happened to our 07. I tried a couple of things until it came back to me.

So you know in case it happens to you, here's the trick.

Press and hold the sunroof button for 1-2 minutes. It will do nothing for about 45 seconds. Then, it will cycle through all of the sunroof opening positions and return to closed. This resets it. Then, it's just a matter of resetting the dashboard message center using the toggle the same way you would any other message.