Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

DTM gear

Discussion in 'BMW' started by Touring525i4dawgs, Jan 14, 2013.

Touring525i4dawgs '02 525it M sport

Anybody know of a source for BMW DTM gear?

mrsbee

I've always been disappointed with the lack of "gear" available for purchase at races for the BMW teams. I know there is a great selection of stuff that is just BMW Motorsports, but the last time I looked for anything team specific all I found was one mens size large retro shirts. I'm not complaining, or discounting the team at all, and if anything I'm glad the teams are focusing more on cwr development as opposed to fan gear development. I would, however, like to be able to go to a race and be able to snag a momento at the team trailer like some of the other teams do.

TomF BMW EnthuZiast

This is one thing that my wife and I have both noticed at ALMS races the last few years is the total lack of BMW Team RLL gear. Every other major ALMS team has dedicated team trailer stores except for BMW.

mrsbee

It is a bit disappointing, but heck, with a little bit of creativity and some spunk, you can always go out and grab a plain white T-Shirt and a Sharpie and make your own. Make Martha Stewart proud!

Maybe someday I'll entertain you all with the tail of my "Jim" shirt.

In the meantime, our butts buying tickets to see the race and our butts sitting in seats wearing whatever BMW gear we might have should make statement enough. Just because it doesn't say "RLL" on it, it doesn't mean it is any less supportive. I mean, there are no other BMWs racing in ALMS. I wouldn't think anyone would confuse you as a Flying Lizard guy.

Side note, have you ever seen Jorg Bergmeister up close and personal? He's so tall, I wonder how the heck they fit him in that little Porsche!