Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Driver's School FAQ & chapter finder w/ Firefox

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by MGarrison, Mar 21, 2012.

MGarrison

Possible it might be some setting to my mozilla Firefox browser (v. 11.0), but it doesn't seem to work with the chapter finder - it just shows a U.S. map (no pushpin icons), and the search function doesn't work with it (although, without the pins showing, it made me think, gee, I don't have the zip-codes for the U.S. memorized, what do I have to do to find a chapter if I don't know its zip code... and then I found the zip-code search didn't seem to work either).

Explorer, no problem - the pushpin icons show, the chapter info pops up, etc.

Is it so that there is no listing of chapters and their websites besides via the chapter finder functionality here on the national site? If what's happening with my Firefox is not unique to me, someone attempting to use the chapter finder would find it pretty useless, and thinking, as I did, without a list of chapters, how does one find another chapter website or info, whether or not they happen to know the zip-code of whatever chapter they might be attempting to find?

Is there any reason we don't have at least a general FAQ on driver's schools? Would give folks some of the basic information that every chapter offering driver's schools seems to have in their own chapter website driving-school faq's.....
    • Staff

steven s

It looks like it might be a FF issue. You might want to clear your cache.
    As for a FAQ, that would be something for the driving events committee to come up with.

Added: I just noticed I'm using FF 11 for Mac at home with no problems.
    I'm thinking it's a cache thing.

TomF BMW EnthuZiast

I don't have a problem with the chapter finder in Firefox 11.0 on Windows 7, but apparently the site forum isn't very friendly to Firefox. I'm unable to edit a post in Firefox but it works fine in Chrome and (ugh) Internet Explorer. When I try to edit a post in Firefox I just get that little progress bar in the upper right hand corner and nothing else. I don't have a problem with FF and any other forum that i frequent.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Well, it works for me, and I use Fahrfocks. But then, I'm spayshull. . .
    • Staff

steven s

I use Firefox on both Mac and PC. Both work for me. ??
    I edit posts all the time.