Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Door Sills

Discussion in 'E83 X3 (2004-2010)' started by 391075, Dec 22, 2013.

Does anyone have a good source for quality door sill covers ? The thin aluminum OEM sill covers on my newly aquired X3 are prone to scraps/scratches and just look cheap. A more durable cover in black plastic would be ideal. Even better if it is OEM from another model that can be easily installed without retro-fitting.
    Suggestions appreciated.

I'm guessing the fit is model-specific, I'm doubtful other-model trim parts would fit.

This is for a 2005 X3 - start at the beginning to pick your model, production month, etc - note that they're found under Vehicle Trim -> Interior Equipment, Lower -> Cover, Entrance

For this E83, looks like there were several variations -

This came up googling "BMW X3 door sill trim" - note they attach by 3M double-stick adhesive tape, which, I'm guessing, in time with exposure to water and temperature extremes, might need replacement with fresh adhesive tape.

Plasti-Dip might be an option... or you could use the originals to make a mold and cast your own...