Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Door Leak on 2010 650i Coupe

Discussion in 'E63/E64 (2004-2010)' started by dpotter94, Dec 27, 2009.

dpotter94

Is anyone else having issues with leaking doors on a 2010 650i Coupe? After hand washing (no high pressure spray) for the first time, I later notice water running out of the tweeter speaker mounted at the front of the passenger side window. The dealer has now had the car for almost two weeks. The car has less than 1000 miles and it seems the dealer has had it longer than i have. They have replaced the door seals twice, window guides, window regulator and have even gone so far as to remove my door and replace it with a door from a different six-series to see if they could replicate the problem. There have been no chassis changes, so this should work. They say they have determined that the door on my car is mounted "differently" than the other sixes they have access to, so they are now trying to figure out how to adjust the door to prevent the leak. While the Service Manager has been responsive and seems to be taking the issue seriously, he is unable to give me a time to resolution.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced any similar issues? I was really enjoying the experience of driving the car, and the base 528xi they gave me as a loaner is a decent ride, but I want my car back, with the issue resolved.

Does anyone have any ideas on course of action I should consider?

Thank you, DP

lenhart1

I had a simmilar problem on my 2005 Z4. It stared leaking just with a hose or at a carwash. I had it in to the BMW dealer in Chicago twice, and they replaced the vapor barrier both times, but it didn't fix the problem. I figured that I would just live with it until it started leaking one day just because of rain. I took my car to VOB in rockville and they fixed it. It's been over a year and no leaks. They said that they replaced the vapor barrier... whatever that is. I guess the other bmw dealer either didn't really replace it like they said they did, or maybe they were just doing it wrong.

z3540

I have a 2008 650i Conv and the only time I had trouble with leaks is when I stupidly ran the car thru a car wash (ie high pressure). The leak was between the top of both door windows and the rubber seal. When I hand wash the car, no leaks. I don't know of any changes to the design that would cause this.
    I hope they get to the bottom of this...that car ROCKS!

dpotter94

Quick update (which I should have posted sooner). 9 weeks at the dealer, with little in the way of explanation, and the car seems to be fixed. It came back dirty, with paint overspray all over the trunk lid and rear quarter panel. I found a tool they had left in the hood cowling that houses the wipers. A dent in my door sill that wasn't there when I brought it in and one owner truly diappointed in the dealer I purchased the auto from.

MGarrison

Wow... ugh. :(