Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Cup Holders

Discussion in 'E60 (2004-2010)' started by cappleby1, Jun 22, 2010.

cappleby1 guest

I have a 2007 530i and love it. Problem that everyone has is the poor quality and locations of the cup holders. BMW does not appear to make accessory, add on cup holders for this model. Does anyone know where I might purchase an aftermarket cup holder product?

John in VA

fmanke

2007 530i

We have the same problem with our cup holders. My wife enjoys her BMW mug of hot coffee, and her diet Pepsi. We have found that not all Pepsi bottles will fit into the cup holders. Some will become wedged in the holder, and if you use a lot of TLC the cup holder won't break. I think I will consider using other cup holders to save the in-dash holders that we are using right now.

Before we bought our 530i, we had a MB-E430. The cup holder was next to the shift lever.
    We had the unfortunate experience of spilling coffee into the shift lever. The dash lights came on like a Christmas tree, and the car stopped running. At the time, the car was parked at a Wal-Mart store when this happened. Our car had to be flat-bedded to the MB dealer to have a new shift module installed. My wife and I call this our $1000.00 cup of coffee at Wal-Mart.

Our respect for cup holders has a new meaning to us.