Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Crutchfield iPod I/F For M3

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by M3Driver, Jul 21, 2008.

M3Driver guest

Considering putting the Crutchfield iPod i/f in my M3. Any experience out there with the Crutchfield setup as opposed to OEM?

thanks in advance.

Jonathan Spira guest

With a few minor exceptions, I don't believe that there are any other interfaces that will work with MOST cars except for what BMW offers.

What specific unit are you looking at?

M3Driver guest

Just the one that would allow me to hook the iPod to the radio with the pig-tail in the glovebox to hook into the iPod. My setup is OEM simple; H/K sound with BMW Business CD. Crutchfield has such a system and I have used them in the past. Put a new 10 pack CD player in our '00 528i that worked perfectly with the BMW OEM head unit using the Crutchfield cable.

Jonathan Spira guest

Didn't see the car details in your sig - so your car is not a MOST bus 3er.

Then I would suggest avoiding the BMW solution for I-Bus cars as it's not as good as some aftermarket ones. I don't have personal experience with the Crutchfield one but if it displays all track info and allows you to access any track directly, you should be fine.

M3Driver guest

Thanks......Any recommendations that you would like to offer? I'm not wedded to the Crutchfield solution.

Jonathan Spira guest

I am not very current on what works with non-MOST bus cars. But hopefully someone else will chime in with this info.