Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Cruise Control Drop-off

Discussion in 'E39 (1997-2003)' started by Fischergeist, Jan 24, 2010.

Fischergeist guest

First time TI (Thread Initiator) at BMCCA, 2003/530i/Sport, Premium & Winter pkgs/103K - While using the cassette adaptor to use the wife's I Pod my cruise would drop of intermittently. Other symptoms observed:
    • Cassette adaptor cycled off and on when cruise would drop-off (radio, clock and nav did not loose programming), while
    • Overhead map light flickered, as did dash lights (these have flickered in past, but not affected cruise), so
    • Removed adaptor and cruise still continued dropping off and finally staying off, yet
    • Cruise did come back on later in the trip when selected, but
    • Indicator on gauge cluster did not shut-off when breaking or shutting it off on the wheel, though it did drop off of cruise.

I am thinking ground, but vibrations seem to not initiate problem and I would think it would loose the programming.

Thanks

tiFreak

I've got a Subaru winter beater that I use a cassette adapter on, occasionally while driving it will cut off and back on, I think it's the adapter itself or possibly the cassette deck, but either way I don't believe it's related to your cruise problem