Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Crash Test: 1999 323i

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by silversnl, Aug 5, 2012.

silversnl

Ok, so not much of a "test". I was involved in a head on collision with a Dodge Durango in my 1999 323i. The closing speed was somewhere between 75-90 mph. I walked away (well, limped to be honest) with a broken left foot; I had no neck or back injuries. I shattered my second and third metatarsals and broke my fourth metatarsal in two places. The only reason my left foot was broken was because I had my foot pressed on the clutch at the time, so the force of the impact was transferred through the firewall into my foot; the firewall did not collapse in. Other things to note are that the hood and all the parts on top of the hood were blown off the car and picked up out of the intersection, and all 4 doors opened and closed (and latched) without any issues. Also, the dirt in the engine compartment is oil dry that the clean up crew used to soak up the oil and coolant that had leaded out.

At this time I am unable to discuss details of the accident regarding fault and/or cause.

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

MGarrison

Wow... glad you're still here.