Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

cracked wheels

Discussion in 'E63/E64 (2004-2010)' started by akhavanr, Feb 26, 2010.

akhavanr guest

I just had my run flat tires replaced by a reputable tire dealer (Radial Tires) in DC area. I replaced them with Michelin all season tires. Right after I replaced my tires, one of my wheels started leaking some air. It took it back to the Radial and they told me I had a cracked wheel. They also told me they see tons of 6 series cracked wheels and showed me a bunch they have been repairing. They advised me to replace my wheels as I should be expecting more cracks soon.

Has anyone been experiencing cracked wheels after 30K miles on their 6?

Any suggestions on new wheels?

az3579

I wouldn't be surprised. Run-flats and damaged wheels appear in the same sentence too many times.

bramstoker guest

eam3

Yup. My brother-in-law had an issue with a cracked wheel on his 650i when the car had less than 12K miles.

CRKrieger

Deja vu all over again ...

This is not the first time BMW has has such an issue. The first series of R100RS (motorcycles like mine, below) front 'snowflake' alloys had cracks appearing around the spoke joints. All were recalled under a standing recall program that is still in effect - over 30 years later.

[IMG]