Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

CPO vehicle delivered with NO Inspection Sticker?

Discussion in 'Buy, Lease, Finance & Insurance' started by ajcaruso, Jun 15, 2016.

ajcaruso

Hello all -

Recently took delivery of a 2014 435xi 6spd manual from an NJ dealership.
    The car was originally titled/sold in Pennsylvania and had NO inspection sticker
    on the windshield when I picked it up a few weeks ago.

The dealership said they're required to strip the PA inspection sticker for
    sale in NJ and that I would be responsible to get it inspected when the
    NJ plates/reg arrived. Picking them up tomorrow.

I've purchased both new and CPO BMWs from dealers before and the cars
    were always delivered properly inspected.

I think this is very unusual, but I could be wrong (still, hardly 'BMW-level Service' ...).

Hoping to hear about anyone who experienced the same or from
    someone with experience/knowledge of MVC/Inspection/Dealer policies.

Thanks!
    Anthony

[IMG]

MGarrison

Ohio doesn't have the problem of inspections, so I can't be of much help on that front - but, hit up your local chapter's website, Facebook page, or other social media for some local info.

001315 The "Turk"

What does CPO mean? My last purchase from a dealer was a new 2001 X5. I'm now trying to figure out how to buy a new X5 3.5S with Long Beach Blue metallic paint which is only available on the X5M Thanks, Drew

MGarrison

CPO = Certified Pre-Owned :)

I'm not sure what one has to do to get custom paint - some BMW's have options from BMW's "Individual" program - question for your dealer. I'd think it's possible, but it might take hunting out how, I could see a sales rep not knowing how or not wanting to bother. Google your question, try a variety of search questions - try "how to order a new bmw with paint only available on another model" for a start.

MGarrison

Also, welcome to the club & forums! No need to double post messages, the "What's New" button shows new posts, so we'll see what's new that anyone posts - if you have a new question, it's also best to start a new thread so it isn't buried in some other topic.
    Let us know what you find out & how it works out!