Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Converting to Xenon Lights

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by snehlig, Apr 15, 2009.

snehlig guest

I have a 04 325xi without xenon lights, what all do i need to buy to make xenon lights compatible? Many of the kits I have seen so far include wiring harnesses, bulbs, and ballasts...Is that all I need?

BMwStu guest

best thing 2 do would be to get a set of p46's. lots of good aftermarket websites sell them.

tanzi411 guest

I did this recently. First off, all P46 after marktec headlight are the same. DDM tuning has the lowest prices. Instalation is extremely easy, they bolt and plug right in. However..... you will need a computer reflash at the dealer so make them work. So schedule it on a day when you instal them before it gets dark. Dontw aste time with the boxes that trick the computer and all that, they dont work just get the reflash.

let me know if you have any questions!

bmw_matt guest

Either get P46's which are aftermarket xenon's made in some foreign country, buy them brand new for ~$2000 from the stealership, or go to somewhere like E46fanatics.com and buy them used from a member who either totaled his car or is parting them out. I converted my 330i from halogen to Xenon for about $400 IIRC from a member who totaled his car.