Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Connecticut Valley Chapter Annual Dinner Party & Election of Officers

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Region' started by lcjhnsn, Nov 28, 2009.

lcjhnsn

Date: Saturday January 23, 2010

Come join us for a nice evening of socializing with fellow club members. If you haven't had the opportunity to meet your Chapter Board of Directors, this is the perfect time to meet both the outgoing Board and the newly elected Board Members.

Roger Chartier and Tim Parker will be working on obtaining lots of great door prizes from local businesses. Your chapter also supplies some very nice prizes. However, you MUST be a chapter member to be in the door prize pool.

The guest speaker for the evening will be Mr. Simon Kirkby from Lime Rock Park. Mr. Kirkby was a long time Formula Ford and Rally driver in England and Europe, a long time Lime Rock driving instructor and is currently the Director of the Lime Rock Club. I'm sure he'll have some great tales to tell and some great insight into driving Lime Rock.

Time: Cocktail Hour - 6:00
    Dinner & Doorprize drawing - 7:00

Cost: $30.00 per person (check made out to BMWCCA-CVC, mailed to jerri Wiley, P. O. Box 66, Stevenson, CT 06491)

Location: Laurel View Country Club, 310 West Shepard Avenue, Hamden,CT, 203-407-1755

The ballot of Officers for 2010 looks like this:

President - Willy Wiley (unopposed incumbent)

Vice President - your's truely, Lance Johnson (unopposed, allowing Bob Morin to step down from many years of service to the Chapter)

Secretary - Janusz "Jim" Hurczyn (unopposed incumbent)

Treasurer - Dave Rich (unopposed incumbent)

Members at Large - Bob Morin, Sheila Morin, jerri Wiley, John Bisset, Roger Chartier, Tim Parker, Frank Giacalone, Nancie Giacalone and Dave Ortoli. Note that there are (at least) 2 open Member at Large positions with no candidate. So, if you are interested in contributing to the Chapter please let any of the 'Board members know.

az3579

What is the role of "Member at Large"?

TeamStowell We love driving!

You are cursed to wander the countryside, nevering knowing home or love, in a constant search to find new members and source NLA parts for fellow members in need....

lcjhnsn

I would gladly accept this quest! At least I will have my trusty steed and the Wizard known as GPS to guide me

Botond... a Member At Large is an active member who can help represent the general membership to the Executive Board. Another way to put it is; someone who regularly comes to the Exec Board meetings and helps organize various activities, but has not been elected to one of the 4 primary Board Offices. Check the Chapter website for the current list of Members At Large and what they do.

http://bmwccacvc.org/contacts.htm

You will find a more technical description of the position in the revised version of the Chapter by-laws that you received about a month ago and should have already voted on. -- Touche' !!

az3579

I read through one section of it and immediately got bored, so excuuuuuuuuuse me!

lcjhnsn

I really wanted to post a response about the younger generation with no respect for the rules...

but I won't [IMG]

az3579

Being bored with rules is not the same thing as not respecting them. :rolleyes:

lcjhnsn

I think we finally have a speaker for the evening.

I was trying to get Skip Barber, but he is going to be somewhere warm on Jan 23rd.

So, I think we are going to have Simon Kirkby who is the Director of the Lime Rock Club, a veteran Lime Rock driving school instructor and former Pro Formula Ford and Rally driver.

lcjhnsn

It's confirmed, Mr. Kirkby will be the speaker for the evening. He should have some great stories and insight into driving rapidly around Lime Rock.

az3579

I have decided to attend. I need to get out finally; hopefully by then the financial struggle will be over and I will be arriving in a very rapidly quick E30. :)
    (not that I will be arriving rapidly...)

Speaking of Lime Rock, how come I never see you there Lance??? I figured you of all people would be out thrashing that Z3 around the corners...

lcjhnsn

Bo, it will be good to see you at the dinner meeting in Hamden.

Regarding thrashing the M Roadster at Lime Rock, convertibles are not allowed at BMWCCA Driver's schools unless they have a full roll bar. No rollbar, no LJ at the Driver's schools. Plus, Mrs. J is not particularly keen on the risks associated with me taking my Bimmer on the track. [IMG]

az3579

I figured that the rollbar wouldn't be much of a problem as you don't need much rollbar-izing as you've got a smaller interior. Have you specced prices?

And driving on the track? A heck of a lot safer driving there than on the roads here, I'll tell ya that. lol
    Tell her to go to NYC then she'll know how much more dangerous it is on the road. :D

I don't think a roll bar would get you into most of the BMW CCA drivers schools.... and it sounds like Mrs. Johnson has been speaking with Mrs. Stowell.

It's OK to stand in the middle of Lime Rock on the front straight and have American LeMans GT's and Prototypes come screaming onto the track driving within a couple feet of my right and left side as I direct them into starting position, but being strapped into a car is much less safe... ah the things we do for those we love!

az3579

It would for CVC events based on what I've read...

I sit corrected.... I have not seen any come through the schools I have worked so I presumed that any vert was not allowed. Thanks for the correction.

Enough with the post hijacking.... let's talk CVC party!

I must know...

I have got to find out.... did Botond attend this event (I need a photo confirmation) and does the Connecticut Valley Chapter have newly elected officers?