Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Concerns with N54 engine?

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by jd1966, Mar 28, 2011.

jd1966 guest

I'm looking at a CPO 2008 335xi.
    I know there were issues with the N54 engine - should i be concerned??
    Thanks

dmmai

E90 Turbo - High Pressure Fuel Pump faliures

E90 335i - High Pressure Fuel Pump failures, etc.

Looking back at numerous prior posts, you will see a variety of positions expressed. Without a doubt, the 335 is huge Fun to drive. Enormous bang for the buck, in the performance department. ... BUT ... Ownership comes at a cost. For some of us, that cost has been Very unpleasant.
    From my research, the majority of owners have not been afflicted with the cruel disease known as HPFP failure. But, many have encountered the failed gas tank pressurization pump. Many have and/or will get the opportunity to replace the entire cooling system, since it's made almost entirely of plastic.. etc, etc. Nothing new here.

Are you a gambling man?

Read below:

. . .

To be sure, many owners have not gone through these nightmares. That's what keeps us going on. The odds are actually with you. And, like I said at the beginning, driving one of these is simply a blast.

You weigh the odds and assess your personal risk tolerance. Are you feeling lucky?