Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Clock in Z4 Radio

Discussion in 'E85 Z4 (2002-2008)' started by smeidelman1, Feb 10, 2010.

smeidelman1

I have a 2006 Z4M. Went to drive it before the last snowstorm and the clack is now just dashes-no time. Don't know how to re-set it, or is this something beyond just an adjustment. Says it is a BMW "Business" Radio with single CD.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Setting the Z4 clock

Okay, I have a 2006 M roadster, and I know I have been able to set the clock. . . but it's kind of tricky, because you set it via the clock in the OBC readout in the instrument cluster, I think.

Push the stalk until the clock appears there. Then hold down the right-hand rectangular button next to the odo-reset button; the clock should go into blinky-blinky mode.

Use the left-hand button (I think!) to make numbers, the right-hand button to step through hours, minutes, whatever, and finally step out of the time-setting mode.

Finally, let me know if it works! :D

smeidelman1

I tried that but a no go.

Thanks for the suggestion.

epbrown01

Your clock has nothing to do with your radio - you just have the option of displaying the time. If you're certain that you've got the display set to time with the OBC, rather tahn displaying mileage, fuel consumption, or average speed (all of which show as just dashes when yuo're not moving and they've been reset), then Satch's instructions should work. The right button - with a clock on it - is held in until the colon in the clock starts blinking, then you use the button to advance hours, use the 2nd button to change to minutes, use the same button to set those.

If you don't have an owner's manual, you can download the Z4 manual on the BMW website. (There's no Z4 M owner's manual, we get the same as the standard Z4, and an M supplement).

smeidelman1

Clock in Z4

You were right. And when the clock on the instrument cluster worked, the radio clock worked as well. Thanks!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Well, I'll be damned!

You mean I was finally USEFUL?! :eek:

epbrown01

Thus eliminating your chances for a career in politics... ;)

tiFreak

ZING!_______