Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Can't Open Engine Bonnet

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by mit13035, Jul 30, 2011.

mit13035 guest

Looking for suggestions on how to get the hood on my 2000 323i open.

I can partially release the hood with the pull in the cabin, but something is catching the hood when I pull the release lever thru the front grill, and try to fully open the hood. I have a Bently manual, but I see nothing in it specifically talking about how the hood latch system works. Short of taking the car in to service at local dealer I'm not sure how I can reslove my issue.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

MGarrison

Don't know the specifics of

Don't know the specifics of your car's hood-opening - perhaps try getting someone to keep the release lever pulled as much as possible while you try the hood lever. You could try eyeballing the latch mechanism at the front and sprying oil/lubricant around in there.

Good luck, I hope somebody else has some specific insight. You might try emailing Mike Miller.

mit13035 guest

MGarrison, I'll give it

MGarrison,

I'll give it another try. I emailed Mike directly after posting my question. Hoping he has some additional insight. I'm thinking he must have run into this problem in the past.

Thanks for your input.