Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Candidacy Statement

Discussion in 'Athena Brekke' started by steven s, Dec 5, 2022.

• Staff

steven s

On behalf of Athena Brekke

Hello BMW CCA! I’m excited to be nominated and run for the position of Secretary on the National Board. I have been a member for 11 years and have held several positions of leadership on the board of the Golden Gate Chapter. I’ve enjoyed meeting many of you throughout the pacific region as well as nationally and am proud and in awe of the work our volunteers from each chapter put in every year. My focus with CCA has been centered on promoting diversity and creating an environment of belonging for our members. The sense of community is strong within this club and I want to be sure we’re always looking to the horizon for what our incoming members may bring to the table and how to best maintain their engagement and better serve their membership.

The best examples to illustrate how my knowledge, skills, and abilities achieve the responsibilities of this role are:
    -My experience in the non-profit industry working in a leadership role in technology for more than 27 years for a non-partisan research think-tank that is data-driven.
    -My leadership in a number of board roles for GGC, along with vast experiences with social engagements, autocross, HPDE, Car Control Clinic, and the National Technology Committee.
    -My reputation and track record of being able to listen actively, collaborate effectively, think and act strategically, and truly connect with CCA members from all sorts of backgrounds and programs.
    -My strong commitment to organization, documentation, and achieving results that matter.

My passion for this club has increased continually since joining and have the experience and relationships that are essential for this position and am proud to be part of the biggest BMW car club in the world. I kindly ask for your support and vote to take on the role of your Secretary.
    chiefohchief and bendlich like this.