Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Candidacy Statement

Discussion in 'Larry Engel' started by steven s, Jan 3, 2022.

• Staff

steven s

New Jersey Chapter

My name is Larry Engel, and I am a candidate for North Atlantic Regional Vice President. As an active member of the New Jersey Chapter I have held numerous positions, including four years as Chapter President, 2015 Oktoberfest Event Chairman, and Tire Rack Street Survival Coordinator for the past 10 years. I am a graduate of the Club Racing School and Instructor Training School. Professionally I am a Senior Vice President with a large wealth management firm. I think my experience helping a wide variety of people is an important skill for a Regional Vice President.

The primary responsibility of Regional Vice President is to act as the chapters’ voice with the national board and staff. Over the years I have met many of the other North Atlantic chapter officers, and I look forward to meeting all of them and finding out what is important to their members. The Regional Vice President is also responsible for helping to make sure the chapters are aware of developments that affect all chapters and that they are maintaining minimum standards. This can be a challenge for even the best chapters, and I will do what I can to help.

For me, club membership has always been about having fun with cars, but I realize that fun activities with cars do not just happen by themselves. I have thoroughly enjoyed my 20 years of CCA membership and feel a sense of responsibility to “give back” to the club.

As your Regional Vice President, I would work to attract new members and broaden our reach to groups of BMW enthusiasts who have not always been interested in joining us. As an owner of BMW X and M vehicles, I am pleased to be a member of those chapters. The world is changing and, in the very near future, we will need to think about how we are going to attract owners of BMW i vehicles. Figuring out the common denominators of having fun with cars for all these groups is a big challenge, but I have learned that there is a lot of talent within our club, and we are up to any task.

I am excited to have the chance to play a part in the evolution of the CCA. During my time in the club I have spent a lot of time autocrossing and attending driver schools as both a student and instructor. I appreciate the work of the BMW CCA Foundation, and I think we should all be proud of their mission and accomplishments. These programs and the club racing program should always be big parts of the BMW CCA and we need to continue supporting them. But we also must attract new members to ensure our future. I want to be a part of that, and I hope you will support my candidacy. Thank you for your consideration.