Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Can I leave off the front licence plate (with impunity)?

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by rbindc, Oct 28, 2010.

GrouchoN328KF guest

Neither does Spell Check, apparently. :D

I'll advise on the quality of the tow-bolt plate holder when I receive it.

MGarrison

Sounds like what's needed is a 'deployable on demand' automated bracket where you hit a button, a motor or two clicks and whirs for a bit, and after some parts shuffling and repositioning, a license plate emerges upon the front. Where's James Bond's Q when you need him?!

CRKrieger

Really? Then what IS that third letter in the second word? :rolleyes:

bcweir

I think CR's gunning for your job, Satch.

Caught you doing the most unforgivable thing an editor can do - MISSPELLING A WORD!

OMG!

Call the National Guard.

granthr

Funny you mention this, I have a friend who drives a Rig and he has such a device on the front of it! I won't tell you why he does this. :D In PA the Rigs have the plate only in the front.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Are you sure?

Bruddah Weir he say:

Well, it wasn't ad nauseam. Spelling it with a U-that is, misspelling it ad nauseum-is a common error, as is "in memorium" when somebody punts the proverbial pail.

I should have said, "There is no U in the end of ad nauseam."

granthr

Looks Great!!! Is that your actually plate number?!! If so, that is awesome!! :cool:

CRKrieger

Gee; if you think people online are a threat to your privacy based on your license plate, how can you dare to venture onto the streets with them just hangin' out there? :eek:

rbindc

Thought this thread was dead?

I finally decided to mount the front plate, even though I have been driving the car without one since Dec 17th and have gone through seven states (SC, NC, VA, MD, DE, NJ) plus the District of Columbia without being ticketed.

I just realized that the front plate frame absorbs the damage when people back into the car ( or I bump them) when parallel parking. I would rather have a banged up plate frame than scratches on the bumper cover. The tow hook plate may not do that.

Any comments?