Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Bye-Bye BMW

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BimmerBrad, Nov 1, 2009.

BimmerBrad

Sad to see BMW's last F1 race. A 5th place for Quick Nick and 10th for Kubi after contact and a spin. Could have hoped for better, but... Ironic that David and Bob on Speed both said that BMW seems to have the best engine now. Hummm.

So long boys and hope to see you back once we get some enlightened management back into BMW who understand the core values of this company.

Starscream guest

HUGE shame,
    I always was proud to be a BMW owner and see them have such a great F1 team,

Sad to see them go,

lcjhnsn

So, what will BMW do with all that $$$$??

Back to LeMans?

More support for independent BMW Race Teams (like Turner Motorsport)?

Other endeavors?

eam3

I found it extremely ironic that right after BMW announced their departure from F1 I got an e-mail from BMWNA advertising BMW Sauber F1 goods and asking to support the team. It was a good run and I too am saddened to see them go.

CRKrieger

Prop up the stock price? :mad:

Frankly, I don't really care if BMW is in the F1 circus. Yes, it was seriously cool that they were the last manufacturer to win with a stock block, but those days are gone. Now, everyone there is simply a Bernie Puppet. Aside from Ferrari, does anyone seriously believe anyone buys cars based on F1 success? "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday" applies, if at all, to stock-based (or at least silhouette) series, not formula car series. BMW made its motorsports mark in sedan racing. That's where they should be now and in the foreseeable future, not pounding sand down the rathole that is F1.

TeamStowell We love driving!

The logical business side of me understands the reasons not to be running this series, but gosh I will miss my BMW mug filled with tea while watching the pretty blue and white cars running on Sunday mornings. Maybe we will get some more proto-types in the other series.

Brian A

Performance is now derived from a Fluid Dynamics computer simulation. Human ingenuity no longer seems important, or at least is intangible. You don't see crazy ideas in F1 anymore, just optimization toward a theoretical ideal.

http://bmwcca.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=964&size=big&cat=&ppuser=147

My interest has moved elsewhere.

Brian A

Toyota just quit too.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Ditto

. . . and Renault is thinking about it. . .

TeamStowell We love driving!

Will the last team leaving please lock the garage door and turn out the lights? :(

CRKrieger

What; and shut down the Spec Racer Ferrari series? :eek: