Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Brake and Clutch bleeding

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself)' started by Devilsown, Jan 11, 2009.

Devilsown guest

Tonight I replaced my brake/clutch fluid, I bought the pump from Bav auto and it worked great, it was by far the easiest fliud change ever. The clucth part was a little tricky but I got it down. Once again I got the clucth tool from bav auto and well it worked like a charm. Now I have ATE superblue in all my lines.

I do have a technical question, My clutch wouldnt engauge fully for a while I had to drive stop and go for about 3-5 miles to get it to be what seems like its self again. Is that normal? I seem to remember when I got my clutch replaced it did that for about the same, but I just want to make sure.

I do have to say now the brakes and clutch are SUPER touchy and I LOVE it feels like a new car again.

I also replaced my tranny fluid nice and smooth again... those fill and drain plugs... what a PITA! :mad:

got it done though, go me :D

GELSO

I've been thinking of getting the bleeder pump from Bavauto, so I was glad to hear of your experience. Is it necessary to bleed the clutch when replacing the brake fluid? I have a 2008 328xi and I think the dealer will replace the brake fluid as part of the included maintenance,but there is no mention of the clutch fluid change in the service and warranty manual. Is this something that is normally included with a brake fluid change?

Thanks for any information.

Gelso

Devilsown guest

I've been told it is not nessasary to bleed the clutch when doing a fluid change as it doesnt get hot, I did it anyways its not as hard as they make it seem.

Im not sure what the dealers do, im sure you could put the the good fight and tell them to as they are replacing the fluid to do the clutch too.