Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BMW TwinPower Turbos

Discussion in 'BMW NA News' started by BMW NA News, Dec 13, 2011.

BMW NA News guest

BMW TwinPower Turbos Take Two Spots on Ward's 10 Best Engines List

New TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder joins repeat winner TwinPower Turbo Inline-6

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – December 9, 2011…
    BMW TwinPower Turbo technology takes two spots on Ward's 2012 10 Best Engines Awards list. This year, the all-new 2.0-liter TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder (N20) joins the repeat winner 3.0-liter TwinPower Turbo inline-6 (N55).

"TwinPower Turbo technology is a perfect example of the BMW EfficientDynamics philosophy," said Ludwig Willisch – President and CEO of BMW of North America, LLC. "With the ground-breaking combination of a twin-scroll turbo, high-precision direct injection and Valvetronic, both the TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder and the TwinPower Turbo inline-6 offer the performance of much larger engines without the penalty of more fuel consumption."

Early next year, the all-new 2012 BMW 328i Sedan will join the 2012 528i and Z4 sDrive28i as the next model to use the 2.0-liter TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder. Based on preliminary EPA fuel efficiency estimates of 24 mpg city/36 mpg highway/28 mpg combined, the 328i with 8-speed automatic is the most fuel-efficient BMW model ever sold in the US. With a 0-60 mph time of 5.9 seconds, the 2012 328i is one full second quicker than the previous-generation 328i Sedan.

Download the entire newsletter.

Continue reading...