Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BMW s1000rr

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jpeters2813, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

jpeters2813 guest

I live in Northern Virginia and I am interested in buying a the BMW s1000rr sportbike. Can anyone refer me to a location that would be selling BMW bikes thannks.
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

My old boss bought his R1200RT from Hammersley in Lynchburg. He was very satisfied with them. You may get a better deal outside of the DC area.

BMWCCA1

Hammersley no longer deals in BMW bikes.

The best dealer in the entire country (and one of the largest by volume) is Morton's in Spotsylvania (Fredericksburg). Jeff Massey, the current owner and nephew of Mr. Morton, is about the most honest guy you'll ever find in the sales biz. They'll give you a good deal and the best customer experience. Tell him that CCA guy in Charlottesville sent you. Jeff is also a BMW "cage" owner, as is Steve there in sales (an '02 guy last I checked).

Bob's BMW in Jessup, MD, is a large-volume dealer, too, with an international reputation for vintage bikes and supplies. Bob Hennig is an interesting character and a fountain of knowledge about BMWs. I don't know what it's like dealing with them on new bikes but judging by how many they sell, they must be attracting quite a few buyers.

Those are the only two I'd deal with in the DC area. Ken Davis, owner of the BMW Pre-owned store AutoAdvantage in Manassas, VA, was supposedly opening a new BMW bike store in Falls Church but I never heard if they found a suitable space to comply with BMW requirements and believe the scheduled opening of Summer '10 passed without a dealership opening.

There are a couple of S1000RRs in our area (Central VA) and everyone seems very pleased with the bikes. If I were you I'd talk to Jeff Massey or Steve Anderson at Mortons. Winter might be as good a time as any to get a good deal.
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

You know what Phil? I'm retarded. I think he got it at Morton's.

BMWCCA1

We all knew that, and still love you anyway! The Trunk Impaired must stand together.

[IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.