Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BMW-related....1975 3.5CSL Pinewood Derby Car

Discussion in 'BMW' started by fgump, Feb 9, 2014.

fgump

My oldest son is aging out of Cub Scouts this year. He has built a car for the Pinewood Derby since he was a Tiger Cub, this being his 5th year. He had a design in mind this year, and I didn't want to steer him away from it. It turned out to be a lovely car, and won 3rd place craftsmanship among 23 boys in his rank.

I've been his Den Leader all 5 years, and this year, being our last year in Cubs, and racing the Pinewood Derby, I wanted to build a car to enter.

Here she is...

derbyprep047.jpg

Modeled after:

number25.jpg

It wasn't fast; had a bad pull to the left. First three heats it came in 3/4. Last heat, we ran it backwards and it finished first. It went on to win Best Craftsmanship for the Open Race category (Dads' cars :) ). I'm already looking forward to building an M1 to hopefully sneak into the Open race next year...
    Ken.S.330 and MGarrison like this.

charlson89

Thats awesome none my cars in cubs ever looked that good!

MGarrison

Impressive! Looks awesome!

fgump

Another side view:
    derby prep 043 small.jpg
    Ken.S.330 likes this.

Ken.S.330

Wow, that's awsome. Only third?! I would like to see first and second.

fgump

This car won Craftsmanship for the Pack for the Open division, 26 entries. My son's car (different car) won 3rd place Craftsmanship in his rank.

Ken.S.330

Reading comprehension issue on my part. I read it and didn't bother to comprehend before I posted. I probably shouldn't be reading/posting while working. Now, did I promote that code I'm working on to TEST or PROD? Still, very cool car.

fgump

Son's car here:
    pink.jpg
    MGarrison and Ken.S.330 like this.