Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BMW-based Christmas gifts, anyone?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by drummerfc, Dec 25, 2010.

drummerfc

I believe that very storm will be paying us a visit starting @24 hours from now... :eek::eek: so no need for me to travel. ;)

drummerfc

Ohhhh....an INSIDE joke, eh??? Coupl'a wisenheimers, eh???

There HAS to be a ruling against this...where's Satch??

;):cool:

CRKrieger

Well, you can't be a true Bimmerhead without knowing the difference between Bimmers (BMW cars) and Beemers (BMW motorcycles). If you know that much, you may as well know what an Airhead is, since they used the same basic layout from 1923 to 1995. The afficionados only consider the Type 47 /5, /6, and /7 bikes (1970-95) and their owners to be "Airheads". Their successors were actually the 'Flying Brick' (3- and 4-cylinder inline engines in K bikes) followed by 'Oilheads' and the latest boxer iteration, the 'Hexheads'. There are others, but a real Airhead doesn't care. :p

FWIW, Brian, my 'newfangled' motor-bicycle is probably older than yours. Built the first week of 1978.

Brian A

Rolling resistance really isn't that bad, although just sitting on the bicycle causes a major attitude adjustment regarding expectations. I rode it all 5 work days last week and again today. So far no one has passed me and I've caught a few riders. The torque curve of a human being is pretty steep. 100 rpm is about right; 90 rpm feels slow and 110 feels fast. There is always "the perfect gear" on the Fuji; the Gazelle has huge gaps.

No sympathy from the SF Bay Area; it was 29 (!!) degrees when I left the house this morning.

True. However, my bicycle is of a design that pre-dates the invention of the Bowden cable (1896) so my bike has cachet. I had no idea how old the bicycle was when I bought it and was surprised how new it was. Manufactured during the sunset of the European bicycle manufacturing industry.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Brian, you are so weird!

All my bicycle friends are fascinating! And damn few of them own fewer than half a dozen!

Winter, winter: Oh, yeah: 60s on the beaches, 70s inland. Brrrrrr!

:D :D :D

Brian A

Ahem ... I believe the proper term is "eclectic".

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Whah!!

"Airhead or oilhead" in reference to boxers. . . I just got it.

Anybody out there going "Huh?" Let me explain that this is a Beemer reference, not a Bimmer reference: That's right, the Motorcycle Gang must have been turned loose among us!

tiFreak

our two asylums must be holding a social mixer :p

CRKrieger

There's more of us here than you'd believe ... :D

Over 'there' (BMW MOA forums), I'm known as "535is", leaving many of them scratching their heads. :cool:

drummerfc

OK Enough already - Bimmer vs. Beemer, airhead vs oilhead, yadda yadda yadda, and then I woke up... :D

Anyone know any good bar jokes?? :eek:

Returning to the repair shop, the Penguin gets the bad news from the Mechanic.........

"Buddy, it looks like you've blown a seal"

Angrily, the Penguin replies......

"No, I was eating ice cream"

Krieger,

Check out the following listing on Craigslist...........

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/mcy/2138351381.html

At a distance, it looks like it came off of the showroom and it's still pretty close to Christmas.....

Sincerely,

BMWMOA #36654

granthr

Oh Boy!!!! That is kind of what I want!! Looks fantastic!!! :D Timing is a little bad. Still trying to get rid of the E36, which is cherry BTW if anyone wants it!!!!! :D