Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BMW 3rd Party Warranty

Discussion in 'Buy, Lease, Finance & Insurance' started by lkstaack, Jan 14, 2017.

lkstaack

I've decided to sell my E46 330iZHP of ten years and replace it with a F30 335i. The specific 335i I want is hard to find on the CPO market, but a little more plentiful from used car dealerships. I recall reading that the CPO extended warranty I prefer is actually 3rd Party insurance that BMW sells as part of their CPO. Does anyone know the name of the insurance that BMW uses?

I have used aftermarket warranties before; or should I say that I have been abused by them. So, I'm not thrilled with the idea of giving an unknown company thousands of dollars for the privilege of them denying a claim. However, if BMW uses them they must be good, right? lol.

charlson89

I am unaware that BMW uses a third party to do there CPO since I have never had any dealings with CPO that wasn't done through BMW. You could always take the vin of the car from another dealer and take it to the dealer to see if you can purchase a CPO program for that vehicle. May need to purchase tires for the vehicle to pass inspection.

lkstaack

Well, I don't know for certain, but I have read that BMW uses a 3rd party for their CPO warranty; that is why there is a $50 deductible when you use it.