Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

bluetooth

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by dougc, Oct 1, 2008.

dougc guest

I have a 2008 M3 Convertible and the new 3G iPhone - the handsfree bluetooth sounds horrible (yes, the top is up)! Everyone complains that they have a hard time hearing me because my voice sounds "echo-ee and tin-ee".

I did have 2007 535 and the bluetooth worked great....so I am convinced the technology works. Has anyone had this problem and have any recommendations?

Jonathan Spira guest

Doug, try another phone (to see if your callers have the same complaint) and also please advise if you have consistently good reception (some people are reporting less than stellar reception with the new iPhone, which could contribute to the problem).

I drove a 335i Cabrio for a week and had no problem with Bluetooth audio quality except of course when the top was down.

dougc guest

Up until a couple of weeks ago, I had a Treo 750. Sound quality was MUCH better then IPhone, BUT there were constant connection issues and contacts would not sync to the idrive. Overall, the Treo 750 was terrible in everyway except sound quality! Conversely, the IPhone is exceptional in everyway EXCEPT sound quality...

Jonathan Spira guest

Well, the 750 is not compatible so one would not expect it to work.

The iPhone is compatible - however some people have reported sound quality issues with the new iPhone; the original iPhone tested ok in this regard (with the exception of the interference caused by the Wi-Fi radio if Wi-Fi were set to on).

I would try another 3G iphone and see how that is.

David1

Do a software update on the iphone. It fixes a lot of issues.