Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Bluetooth phone issue

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by krisT, Apr 10, 2009.

krisT guest

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but I haven't found anything... :(

When the phone rings, shouldn't the name of the caller be on the display (if you program it that way on your phone)? When I get calls, only the number shows up and not the name. So I don't answer because I don't know people's numbers as I've programmed the numbers in with names.

A discovery (for me anyways lol): for 2009 335i Coupe - to make the dash brighter, the stalk where the signal lights are, you move that lever to find the display icon and then hit the BC button to select it and then use the lever to make it brighter (up) or darker (down) and then when its set to where you want it, you press the BC button again! Who knew what that lever was for......

krisT guest

Would this be considered the correct place to post this since it IS a 335? OR should it go in the Audio, Video, Electronics section?!?!?

Wanderlustbob guest

I'll try to give this a test tomorrow with my I-phone and let you know what happens.

Wanderlustbob guest

I forgot to look before I answered but after I answered the caller ID did show the name of the caller on the radio as I have it programmed into my phone.

krisT guest

hmmm....Thanks! I will have to do more investigation on this as only the phone number shows up when I receive a call.

az3579

What phone do you have?
    It may not be fully compatible with iDrive. There is a list of phones somewhere that shows what is fully compatible and what is partially compatible (only certain features are supported). Perhaps your phone fits the partially compatible list.

M3Driver guest

You might ping Jonathan Spira; he hangs out in the Audio and Video area and seems to be a whiz on all things of this manner ....

krisT guest

I have a Blackberry Storm, so I will have to do some more figuring out. Thank you for the information, I will go ahead and see if Jonathan can figure it out!!

Jonathan Spira guest

and Jonathan just moved this thread to the correct forum ;)

nilscnelson guest

iPhone Shows Name for Me

Hi Kris,

My iPhone synced via bluetooth on my new '09 335 I bought last week just fine. My phone book comes up and I dial by selecting names as I scroll through the alphabet. As well, the name always appears on incoming phone calls. By the way, these functions work fine on my 545i as well.

Try powering down the phone (completely off) and turing it back on, then pair the phone via bluetooth again. This is the universal fix for all things electronic! Hopefully when the phone syncs again, it will be working properly.

krisT guest

I figured out how to make my contacts in the phonebook on the iDrive work right, first name/last name. I had to re-do all the names in the address book on the phone, so I put my contacts' first and last name in the "first name" slot and left the "last name" slot empty and that works. But it was a pain to change all of my contacts manually though, but hey...its working now :)