Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Bluetooth Pairing 2006 330ci

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by jstanreid, Nov 28, 2017.

jstanreid

I just purchased a 2006 330ci and have figured out how to get it to the point of pairing but do not have the four digit code. I have tried 0000 to no avail. I have an iPhone 6s.

Once paired, will the iPhone be able to play audio in addition to phone?

Thanks.

MGarrison

Maybe iphone setup is different, I can't do it via bluetooth pairing in my '11 E92 w/ Harm.-Kard., have to plug into the usb port, which is in the center armrest cubby on mine.

charlson89

The 4 digit code is written on the label on the TCU (telematics control unit). Control unit is located on the driver side trunk behind the carpet. Also look in your vehicle manual should have a card in the booklet that has the code written on it. The other way is to have the dealership hook up to the car and look up the code. The vehicle does not have the ability to play music through bluetooth.

jstanreid

Thanks. Yeah, had to get the dealer to find it for me.

Are there any third-party solutions that would allow me to play my iPhone tunes (Pandora, etc) through the existing stereo? Bluetooth device plugged into some little-know plug or the old-fashioned, FM Radio solution? I don't see any mic plugs or USB ports anywhere. Car stereo place want a couple of grand to basically rip and replace. Don't want to do that.

jstanreid

Got the phone paired, however.

MGarrison

I think Audiovox bought what was the Dice media bridge adapter, check Crutchfield.com, or google. Check bavsound.com, but I thought they didn't have such adapters. You might want to check e90post.com too, I'm presuming you have an E90.

jstanreid

charlson89

jstanreid

jstanreid

I had the Grom box installed. It connects to the CD input and is mounted in the trunk. No problem streaming Pandora or my iTunes. The installer showed me how to use the phone but I have apparently forgotten. I'll drop by and have him show me tomorrow.

charlson89

cool glad to hear you like it

jstanreid

Just discovered something to keep in mind with this solution -- because it uses the CD input, you cannot go hands-free if you are listening to the radio.

charlson89

yes that is true with mine as well