Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Bimmerfest Carvan - NW states, Bay Area, Reno, Sacramento, Fresno, Modesto, Visalia,

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by m3dragon, Mar 19, 2013.

m3dragon guest

Hello All,

I am lending my talents to the Bavarian500 guys to arrange this years Bimmerfest caravan. Below is the plan for this years drives and festivities. Below is the starting point JUST for the Sacramento and North West States. There are additional starting points for Santa Rosa, Bay Area, Stockton, Modesto, Reno, Fresno and Visalia listed on the www.bavarian500.com website. Please see the site and sign up for your free number decal.

Northwest States, Sacramento and Reno/Tahoe caravan start point:
    Meet Time: 6:00am
    Address: Niello BMW of Elk Grove - 8580 Laguna Grove Dr., Elk Grove, CA 95757
    Depart Time: 6:30am

Hotel Information - for those coming further away than Sacramento, we have setup some hotels for you to join the drive that are closer than the Bay Area.

Goodnite Inn
    25 Howe Avenue
    Sacramento, CA 95826
    (916) 386-8408

Comfort Inn & Suites Sacramento
    21 Howe Avenue
    Sacramento, CA 95826
    (916) 379-0400

Pet friendly option
    Econo Lodge
    711 16th Street
    Sacramento, CA 95814
    (916) 443-6631

Please register on the Bavarian500 site at: http://www.bavarian500.com/#!bimmerfest-route/can5 to get you rally caravan number.

NOTE: We are organizing several caravans to all meet at the start of our group drive. Please make sure to see the Bavarian500 website for all the details.

m3dragon guest

Reminder the event is just around the corner.

Please register on the bavarian500 site as we are arranging a multi-caravan meetup to be one BIG BMW group on the drive down.

Carvan's are setup from the following to meet up in Hollister, CA:

North West States
    Sacramento
    Reno/Tahoe
    Santa Rosa
    Bay Area
    Stockton / Modesto
    Fresno / Visalia

Please post to regional forums this information. The organizers can be only so many places at once.

m3dragon guest

m3dragon guest

bump - reminder to join the fun on the drive down

m3dragon guest

For all those who are starting from Sacramento, could you please email me at norcal.drivers@gmail.com I need a count for the goodie bags that Niello is providing us.

Thank you

m3dragon guest

Drive is one week away. Spread the word to your friends.

m3dragon guest

Reminder the drive is T-Minus 3 days. Please spread the word to friends and clubs that there are 5 caravan starting point meeting to make 1 caravan.

Those starting in Sacramento, Niello BMW of Elk Grove if providing a free breakfast.

Those starting in the Bay Area, there will be a food truck serving breakfast for a fee.

Starting cities that will merge into one caravan.

Sacramento
    Santa Rosa
    Bay Area (San Jose)
    Stockton
    Modesto
    Fresno / Visalia

m3dragon guest

This will be my last reminder post. For those who are going, please use the time tables off the PDF on the Bavarian 500 site. Not all locations have a lead car so if you see others there, make friends and follow the plan.

PLEASE bring a two way radio for safety. The official caravan channel is 5.1 or 5.10 depending on radio brand. I recommend Motorola if you need to go by a pair.

If you have any questions please email me at norcal.drivers@gmail.com

I am leading the Sacramento caravan.

m3dragon guest

Thank you to all who came on the NorCal drive down to Bimmerfest. I hope you had a great time driving down.

If you willing to share your images and video’s the link below has instructions how to upload them to the EuroSunday server. You can upload the image and videos without editing if you like and I will process them into albums for you. Please just make sure to add your name so I can give you credit. I will post the link to where the images are in a week once I have hopefully received a few of your images.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2oB9V-GBvkxNk0zUXFVODlEXzg/edit?usp=sharing

For those of you who enjoyed the “back road” part of the trip and wish to explore more back roads with fellow enthusiast. Feel free to sign up at www.norcaldrivers.com and add yourself to the drives list. I put of drives for those who are not afraid to use their cars for what they are designed for.

Thank you all again and I hope see you on a drive soon I hope.

Cheers

Adam
    norcal.drivers@gmail.com

m3dragon guest

I hope I am not the only one who took images?

Here are some of the images from the NorCal and Pacific North West caravan and group. For more images of the event see http://www.norcaldrivers.com/albums/Bimmerfest 2013 - Adam/

A side note, I have already starting planning 2014 to make this more of a experience weekend with other activities and not just Bimmerfest.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    MGarrison likes this.