Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Bimmer Pilot for 37+ Years

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by CraigBMW2002, Mar 25, 2008.

CraigBMW2002

Hi,

I'm Craig from Omaha - BMW CCA member #4264. I bought my Atlantikblau '71 2002 new and am still driving it (albeit on an occasional basis) 37 years latter. The 2002 now has 262,000 miles. It had a complete engine overhaul plus an E21 5-speed transplant in the year 2003. I've taken the 2002 to 5 'CCA O'Fests and several 2002 and vintage & classic BMW events.

My wife Christine and I also own an Alpine White '98 323iC convertible that I bought in Ft. Meyers, Florida two years ago. The cabrio also has a 5-speed transmission.

I am an active member of the Missouri Valley Chapter and have previously been a member of Badger Bimmers, Bayou, and Buckeye Chapters. I'm also a fluent German speaker and wrote a couple of Roundel columns from Erlangen, Germany and Vienna, Austria during the 1980's.

Attached Files:

morea3ic guest

Welcome - glad your involved!

Hi Craig,

A belated welcome to the forum.

Nice cars - stick is the way to go :)

Got a pic or 2 of the 02?

Best.

BMWCCA1

Hey Craig! My 37th BMW anniversary is Wednesday (May 14, 1971 was my first BMW purchase). But last Friday was my 27th wedding anniversary and Craig was instrumental in locating a 1600 Cabriolet my wife and I purchased in Germany on our honeymoon twenty-seven years ago. That's where we met Craig who took time off from his work and academic schedule to show us the sites. Craig is one of those guys (I won't call him an Oldtimer) who hasn't lost any of his BMW enthusiasm over the past several decades. You all are lucky to have Craig and his BMW knowledge here to tap.

All the best!