Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Beware!! MotorEmblems.Com

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Dmarque, May 30, 2010.

Dmarque

Beware!! MotorEmblem.Com

I've personally owned BMWs exclusively for more than 35 years and in all that time I have found many fine and reputable sources of high quality products and services. I make it a point to always provide referrals when duly earned. I like quality companies to remain profitable and remain in business for selfish reasons.

In November 2009 I ordered a Carbon Fiber pedal set for my 2003 540 M-Sport. The $153 british pound accelerator, brake, clutch and dead pedals all arrived 10 weeks later in a nicely structured package. 10 WEEKS!!! Quite a long time to wait for a pay-in-advance order. On closer inspection I found the accelerator pedal to be flawed. The carbon graphite was lifting and cracked. I contacted the website and they told me to send it back (at my epxpense) for a replacememt. I complied but now 3 months have elapsed since I returned the flawed accelerator. \

Not only have they not replaced my expensive acclerator pedal....they do not respond to any of my "very polite" requests for an estimated time of arrival for my "paid for" replacement. I caution my fellow BMWCCA members in their dealings with MotorEmblem.Com. My experience with them really couldn't have been worse.....Overpriced, slow, non-responsive, a flawed product and finally apparently deliberate theives.....

Dmarque
    Grand Rapids, Michigan

Apex000

Wow , good thing I read this before i purchased those items i had in my basket.

thanks! :D

tiFreak

that sucks, if you still want the pedals you could get them from here:
    http://www.bimmian.com/39/CFP/

I can't speak for the quality of those particular pedals but I know I've never had to wait 10 weeks for anything from them

Dmarque

Yah, I've never seen anything like this before. Unbelievable!

Mark

Dmarque

Thanks, I appreciate the link. When I'm a satisfied customer everyone hears about it so typically doing good business with me will turn into a fairly significant number of sales for the vendor. Like most here who are "afficionados" .....people come to us for our knowledgeable opinions. These guys could have generate FAR MORE for themselves making me happy than they are going to gain by ripping me off for $153 British Pounds!