Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Been away from BMWCCA for 6 or 7 years.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by jad7302, May 15, 2012.

jad7302

Hello all,

I have owned BMWs since the 70's and was a CCA member up until about 2004 when other priorities and issues distracted me. I have an '03 325 wagon (Sapphire Blk w Tan Int) that is the everyday hauler (we call it the "Pickup"), and I also have the 1973 2002 pictured below. The 2002 sat in a garage for six years without starting or moving. This past Christmas break I went over, put a new battery in it, a shot of starter in the carb, and it started right up - even with 5 year old gas!! I have been enjoying driving and tinkering with it again and it has renewed my interest in the CCA and other things BMW. I live in Athens, GA and really envy the guys on the west coast where there are lots of social things around the hobby. Not that much here in Georgia, except for the annual Winston Salem vintage get together in NC. I never trusted my 39 year old car for a trip that far, but she is currently getting totally refurbished front and rear tii subframes installed and I hope that will give me the confidence to venture farther out of town.
    bimmer.jpg

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome back to the asylum---your room is ready!

Seems to me we do have quite a few social events in the Southeast, don't we?