Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BavAuto Show and Shine Weekend 10/4

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Region' started by TeamStowell, Aug 29, 2009.

    • Member

    TeamStowell We love driving!

    Post Count: 634
    Likes Received:3
    For those in the Northeast not heading to Atlanta, there is Bavarian Autosport's Show and Shine in Portsmouth NH. The Patroon Chapter usually heads out Friday to make a long weekend of it. Is anyone heading out early, and where are you staying?
    • Member

    lcjhnsn

    Post Count: 462
    Likes Received:5
    I will be back home for 1 day after a 3-1/2 week work assignment in Adelaide Australia. So, between jet lag and the Family, it may be iffy that I make the trek North this year.

    But on the other hand it would be a good way to resolve the severe separation anxiety I will have developed after not driving my Z for that long.

    I may also have residual issues of driving on the wrong side of the road... [IMG]
    • Member

    az3579

    Post Count: 3,270
    Likes Received:3
    You had better not total that Z3 doing just that, otherwise we 'gonna have some problems!

    Autohaus guest

    Post Count: 1,571
    Likes Received:1
    Might be a possibility Scott. If we do go, we won't be able to leave for NH until Saturday morning. It would be a good idea for me to check out rates. Where are you staying at?

    Can I haz M Roadster while you are away ;)

    You would just take his S52 :D
    • Member

    lcjhnsn

    Post Count: 462
    Likes Received:5
    M Roadster will be snugly tucked away in an undisclosed location, thank you [IMG]

    ...with the SC! We might find Botond in a low Earth orbit if such a thing were to happen.

    srobmw guest

    Post Count: 50
    Likes Received:0
    Son of a b***h. I have to go to a friggin wedding that weekend. What an awesome trip that could've been for the M.

    Woe is me.:(
    • Member

    az3579

    Post Count: 3,270
    Likes Received:3
    You'll live. :p
    At least you have an M. lol
    • Member

    TeamStowell We love driving!

    Post Count: 634
    Likes Received:3
    One week and counting!

    The Patroon Chapter will be heading out from the Albany area Friday morning to set up camp at the Portsmouth Marriott Fairfield for the weekend. We can be reached at 518-788-0685 through the weekend if you want to catch up with us and share a meal.

    We will be leaving for the show at 7:15 sharp from the Marriott parking lot on Sunday morning. If you want to park with our group please join and travel with us into BavAuto. Stop by the encampment on Sunday and share our wine and cheese if you attend the show... we tend to be very hospitable folks!
    • Member

    lcjhnsn

    Post Count: 462
    Likes Received:5
    ...from the other side of the world...

    I'm still thinking pretty hard about making the trip Sunday morning. The time change may work to my advantage for an early drive up, but I may have to take a nap before attempting the drive home :rolleyes:
    • Member

    TeamStowell We love driving!

    Post Count: 634
    Likes Received:3
    g'day mate!

    Hey Lance,

    Your roadster called me and asked if I had seen you around. I think it misses you, and needs to be run for a couple of hours.

    There is always room for you at the Patroon encampment!!!

    :p
    • Member

    lcjhnsn

    Post Count: 462
    Likes Received:5
    my presence all depends on the weather and the magnitude of my jet lag when 'O-dark-thirty Sunday morning rolls around

    BIMMIR guest

    Post Count: 271
    Likes Received:0
    The weather forecast for the weekend is looking questionable. Saturday showers, 67 degrees, 60% chance of precip. Sunday is slightly better at showers, 71 degrees, 40% chance of precip.
    :(
    • Member

    TeamStowell We love driving!

    Post Count: 634
    Likes Received:3
    Liquid sunshine....

    Sure there is a statistically insignificant chance of some showers, but there is a 100% chance for BMW greatness. Life is too short brothers and sisters! We have been there in the cold rain before, so 70 degrees and rain will be tropical.

    Just remember - the less who show, the better the chances of winning one of thier great raffle prizes and shorter lines for beer and food!!!

    :p

    BIMMIR guest

    Post Count: 271
    Likes Received:0
    That's the spirit - the only liquid we need is refreshments!

    Bring your SHAW - WOW to keep that E30 of yours dry and sparkling!

    Tim
    • Member

    TeamStowell We love driving!

    Post Count: 634
    Likes Received:3
    And Fritz comes out of the bullpen...

    The 635 is getting the nod for this trip. The E30 went to Maine two weeks ago.

    It will be a great chance to see how I did on fixing those pesky leaks which were so bothersome to my bride. If her foot well is wet again, I can always turn on the fans and see what blows out the vents at her... that usually distracts her for a bit. If that doesn't work, I will plug in the mirror control switch and let the thing constantly run and self adjust until it drives her crazy. This could be a loooong 5 hours.
    • Member

    az3579

    Post Count: 3,270
    Likes Received:3

    Oh come on, man! Why is the E30 in Maine???
    • Member

    TeamStowell We love driving!

    Post Count: 634
    Likes Received:3
    Oh come on, man! Why is the E30 in Maine???


    No worries Botond, it was in Maine transporting me to the Pine Tree Chapter Show and Shine. It also returned me to my beloved chapter, so all is well with "Hildi".
    • Member

    az3579

    Post Count: 3,270
    Likes Received:3

    Do you think your E30 wants to mate with my E30? lol



    I don't know why I just said that...

    Autohaus guest

    Post Count: 1,571
    Likes Received:1
    lol wut :confused:

    BIMMIR guest

    Post Count: 271
    Likes Received:0
    Careful what you wish for, yours is red, his is white. Are u going to drive a pink car?

Share This Page