Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

battery problem 2006 325xi

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by istrassberg, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

istrassberg guest

my wife and i are trying to solve a problem with her car that the dealer kepps telling her that she doesn't drive the car enough. the battery keeps losing its charge and has been replaced once and then completelt lost its charge in only 2 months. the altinator checks out okay but the dealer is either unable or unwilling to find\fix the problem and wants us to purchase an overnight charger to keep the battery fully operational.
    my brother thinks there is something else causing this problem which he called a "parasitic draw" has anyone else had this experience and has had this fixed? if you can help my email is istrassberg@yahoo.com.

thanks.

eam3

Had this happen with our 535i. Even left it at the dealer for 4 days as they tested everything. They came to the conclusion that the car has to be driven more. So now we drive the car at least once a week (good solution... I guess). Ironically, we left our trusty Volvo S60 T5 outside the whole summer a couple of years ago and when we came back into town over 2 months later the car started right up. If we had done that with the 535i it would have meant battery charger time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.