Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Autocross Results

Discussion in 'Autocross' started by Arash2002tii, Aug 14, 2008.

Arash2002tii guest

Well the autocross is over and all I can say is that I can't wait for the next one. Thought of posting this in the other thread but figured I'd make a new one. I don't have the full results yet but here's an idea of how I did: my best time was a 67.4XX which was an improvement of almost 10 seconds from my first time. All clean runs except my third in which i plowed into two apex cones in a tight quadruple chicane. My friend in a Miata got a 68.7XX as his best time and this was his 4th or 5th autocross. I would just like to thank you guys for the tips (especially the one about looking ahead) and I had a more experienced guy riding shotgun with me for a couple runs pointing things out, which turned out to be a new friend made that day.

Here are some pics:

http://www.steve510.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=66&pos=832

Person riding shotgun is the aforementioned "pro" (Yes the car is orange, No I did not paint it orange, and yes I would prefer it to be alpine white or black but the car was too good to pass up for the price)

Again, Thanks! I think I;m hooked:D

az3579

Actually, I quite like that orange. It's unique!

Wish we had AutoX's here; looks like something I'd have a blast doing. Glad you had fun; try to get more photos of that M3 next time. ;)

Arash2002tii guest

Thanks. Everyone says that the orange is a unique color and I'll admit it has grown on me, but it still is just a little too flashy for my tastes. I don't think it would have looked as good without the blacked out grill though. You guys really have no auto x's anywhere near Conneticut?

Brian A

See you at autocross

Congrats on your autocross triumph! Sounds like we'll be seeing you Golden Gate Chapter autocross now too.

Botond: There has GOT to be lots of autocross in your region too (BMW CCA, NASA etc).

catmundu

awesome! glad to hear u had fun @ your first event- if you're hooked, you definitely did it right. ;) the car looks great btw. :)

Arash2002tii guest

Looks great, but sadly doesn't run great. It has more problems than I have money to pay for. Most likely I'm going to turn it into a project that I fix myself over time instead of letting Dinan empty my wallet.

catmundu

nothing wrong w/a project car- as long as u knew that going in! :)