Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

audio systerm for 2001 325 CiC convertable?

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by charlie5168, Jun 3, 2008.

charlie5168 guest

I had my BMW for 8 years and would like a new audio system. What I am looking for are:
    bluetooth capability as I talk on the phone a lot while driving. Other features like iPod would be nice to have.

I asked the dearler's part department. They say bluetooth is not available for my model. Is this really true? Any suggestions?

Thanks

ctsooner guest

audio

there is a company out of Atlanta who specializes in audio for Bimmer's and they have everything that will fit your stock openings etc ... their speakers are so much better than OEM! You can go to any top aftermarket audio place and have BT and an ipod adaptor installed in your vehicle. You can still use your head unit and have an aftermarket EQ/filter installed that allows you to add better quality amps and speakers and a nice sub (that fits the car). In a convertible, I wouldn't go too crazy as you will lose a ton of sound ($$$) due to the roof etc... (yes we had a 97 and now have an 01 rag top, so I do know). I would also suggest the CD changer in the trunk or glovebox if you don't already have one. Be prepared to spend a bit though as you want the best install or it will mess your electronics up even more! Ask others, including your dealer, who they have used and if they did a clean job and if they have had any clicks, pops, interference etc.... Let me know how it goes.

ctsooner guest

...also if you want names of other aftermarket speakers, amps etc... that would sound good, email me and we can talk a bit as I am an audio/videophile who keeps up with much of the auto gear too.

RichM guest

2001 Cic Speakers

I have just purchased a 2001 325 Cic and have a pseaker in the back left that sounds rough. I have the stock, not HK, system. Is it hard to replace speakers? I have usually bought replacement speakers from Crutchfield. I can't find anything on speaker sizes or how to pull the panel and replace.

Thanks,
    Rich

johnpvbfl guest

Readying to replace the door speakers in my E36 M3C

I have just ordered two pairs of speakers to replace the tweaters and mid-range speakers in my 1998 M3C. Will let you know how it goes. I will be having my local shop install them since I have other repairs/maintenance on this car and don't want to mess-up the door panels.