Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Anyone going to Daytona?

Discussion in 'Pro Racing' started by mrsbee, Jan 9, 2013.

03BeastCharmer

That P car keeps crushing that front splitter, but is running out front. Did you get one of the omlettes :D
    Def less coverage of the GT class.
    MrsBee likes this.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Yes, they're still using the S62 engine. But the S65 is on the shelf, ready to go!

MGarrison

There's always less coverage of the GT class; too bad, too.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Heh. Looking at the results for BMW, I'm glad they were focused on the Prototypes!
    • Staff

steven s

Took a couple of BMW drivers to bring a Porsche in for #2 in GX.

mrsbee guest

Once I get my bearing readjusted I'll give a more detailed depiction of what 4:00 am during an endurance race is like as a "Deadwoman". Stay tuned, once I'm able to describe it using fewer four letter words I'll enlighten you all.

My car, good ole #45 didn't fare well. By the time the race was over, every time it would pull into our pit I felt this pang of compassion for it. I'm not a P-Car fan, but something about all the scars and hearing what it was going though play by play for more than 24 hours straight made me fall in love with the stupid thing.

If I were asked to go back and do another 24 hour race, I certainly would, although NOT for Magnus Racing.

mrsbee guest

My post about every 45 minutes.....

At least my fueler had a sense of humor and the decency to give me a chair. At one point round about three am, my lollipop guy even warmed it up for me prior to a pit using hand warmers. Now that's a pampered pit girl.

deadwomma.jpg
    MGarrison likes this.

MGarrison

lol - love the sticker!

mrsbee guest

MGarrison likes this.