Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Anybody need a Front Brake Refresher?

Discussion in 'E21 (1977-1983)' started by BoostedE21, Oct 28, 2009.

BoostedE21 guest

I'm in the process of upgrading to Volvo front calipers, and '77 vented rotors. All my current brake hardware is almost new, but I am going to be spending a lot of time on the track and I want something with a little more cooling and grip. All of my parts have about 2,000 miles on them. I bought the calipers new a few years ago, not re manufactured. I know the remanufactured ones go for about $40 + core charges, so I'll price mine right around that. Nothing's wrong with them, I just don't want this stuff sitting around in my apartment. So I'll list off what I have, what it cost new, and what I would like to get for them. If anybody needs any of it, let me know. All prices are OBO.

1980 Front Left Caliper: $339 - For sale for $45
    1980 Front Right Caliper: $335 - For sale for $45
    (Calipers come loaded with Mintex pads, and obviously no core charge)

1980 Rotors: $35 ea - for sale for $20 ea
    1980 Master Cylinder (reservoir not included): $139 - For sale for $40

Remember, all this stuff was brand new, not remanufactured. I'll give a $10 discount if you buy all of it. So that's $160 for an almost brand new set of front brakes. If anyone's interested, let me know. I think the price is pretty fair, but if you disagree let me know and we can work out a deal.

By the way, I got an insane deal on some 323i vented rotors - Rock Auto was having a warehouse closeout and was selling them for EXTREMELY cheap. I bought their entire stock - 12 rotors for $100.