Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Anybody else have carpet issues?

Discussion in 'E81/E82/E87/E88 (2004-present)' started by Bimmerdan, Feb 17, 2009.

Bimmerdan

I know I could probably search on the "other" place but it's too depressing to go back to so I'll ask on here... Has anybody else had the carpet pull out from under the door sill trim on the passenger side? Every time my wife gets in or out of the car, it seems like the edge of the carpet pulls out from under the trim peice. It's pretty minor and I'm going to go back to the dealer to get it fixed but I was curious if it's just me or did they cut the carpet too small?

MastaMind guest

I haven't had any issues with my carpet, and my daughter gets in and out the back, and my wife in and out of the front. I don't have many miles on it, however.

Hopefully, the dealership will get it resolved.

Oregon

You guys let other people in your 135i? Really?:p:D

Cody

adrean8j guest

Not something I can comment on...I just wanted to get my post count up! No in all seriousness my car only has about 500 miles on it (May '08 build date) and from what I saw while I was in the states there were not any issues. Did you by chance change your BMW door sill trim to the M trim?

Bimmerdan

No I haven't. I called the dealership and it sounds like others have had the same issue though because they said bring it in and they will replace the carpet. No questions, no "we need to look at it first", nothing...just bring it in and we'll change it out.

adrean8j guest

^^^Hey that is a large part of the reason why I have stuck with BMW! Hope that fixes the problem.