Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Any point in shopping BMW extended warranties from different dealers?

Discussion in 'South Atlantic Region' started by sgrinavi, Oct 12, 2014.

sgrinavi

My 2011 E92 M3 is about 2500 miles from being out of warranty, I'll probably keep it for another 18 months, or so, and pick up an M2 when they come out - since I've had so some very expensive issues with car already I'm pretty sure I should get a Gold plan for another two years -

I'm in Florida, so I don't think I can shop across state lines as it's regulated by the insurance industry (or so I'm led to believe), but within Florida there are a ton of dealers, do their prices vary on the BMW extended warranty products?

charlson89

BMW warranties from BMW will not vary but the aftermarket ones do mainly because of the different things each plan will cover. My suggestion is to keep with BMW CPO coverage plan cover's over 10,000 items on the car besides maintenance items. Also might want to consider the maintenance plan that BMW offers a well since a M3 can be kinda expensive on that part.

sgrinavi

I already extended the service plan, and certainly want a BMW warranty plan (or not at all). I didn't see an option for a "cpo" plan - just silver, gold and platinum - which one would that be? And are you saying the price is the same everywhere?

Bismarck

The prices are not the same between dealerships, the BMW extended warranty pricing is very much negotiable. There is no way to CPO your car short of a dealer buying your car from you, performing the CPO inspection and selling it back to you so this is not really an option contrary to what's stated above.

The only issue is that the car has to be physically inspected by the dealer selling the extended warranty coverage (a recent policy change). One used to be able to FedEx a key to a better priced out of state dealer to have it coded into the system.